Saturday, February 12, 2011

Stage

The lights were so bright on stage that I grasped the mic and reached out to feel tangible and in my body. I sang my song yet again, but this time did not click into auto pilot but felt my body and soul swell and release with the music. My show was so well practiced that rarely did art and soul combine. I often contemplated daily necessities such as my shopping list or my daily walk and snapped back to reality when the music stopped and the applause began. Bravo! Bravos, they would shout as I had chose braised chicken over seared tuna in my musings.
So tonight was a rare treat. The familiar strains of music began with a flash of the conductors baton and I stepped onto the blinding stage and high healed it to the mic. Grasping reaching and releasing my soul to the top of the curtain. There it floated and swooped with visions of swirls and colors encircling me as I sang. The Italian song built to a mighty crescendo and then became tender and gentle before the finish. My upper lip was damp after that first song and I knew that tonight would be one of those performances that fueled me. One of those performances where I knew I was truly an artist and not a girl on stage for hire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up...