Saturday, February 12, 2011

Birth

I went almost apoplectic that day.
It began with gifted tickets to a white sox game. My friends and their almost grown son and myself. Large major league beers were consumed by those of age and sun burns were had by all. We went to Amy's mother's house after the game for a much needed pit stop. While the other adults were chatting at the table, Johno and I ran to the back yard which housed a very old trampoline. It's frame was rusted and the canvas had a well worn hole in it. Johno, a rather large 13 year old, and I took turns bouncing as high as the sky. It was glorious.
My competitive streak got the best of me when Johno pulled off a forward flip. I know that if I bounced high enough I could do something more special and even more spectacular. Arms pumping and legs springing I drunkenly contemplated feeling as air born as a bird when the trampoline did not catch and release me, but let me plummet to the rich black hubris underneath. I somehow in my jumping glee had not avoided the well worn hole and had widened it to the size of my ass. I went right through-it was a birth like experience, and then crawled through the black dirt to roll on the ground with howls of laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up...