Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fu*k a duck...

Friends, or friend as it may be.
What a weird full moon day. It was filled with strange happen chance and fey moments. It's left me sick for home and sobbing in my new kitchen. I've always been lunar, maybe the tide draw is a bad thing for me. I recall the last time I moved my brother complained that I cry too much. I really am not much of a crier, but I now see that I probably did...missing my friends and feeling adrift from the happenings at home. My sister in law claimed that it took her a year to feel like this was home. I'm not sure how long it will take me. Once I get that home feeling, my loyalty kicks in and I'm all about home. I think it's OK that I cry about my lost home now though.
An old boyfriend did a random act of e-mail today that knocked me off my groove. Sweet memories and fun moments came flooding back to my thoughts. The way he smiled...just his eyes...just for me. We left in a bad spot, I've never been proud of our parting. Both in the wrong, both incapable of communicating a good good-bye. Three years later he comes knocking on my computer door. It gives me a grin that I touched him, his heart, his thoughts enough to make him curious about me this much later. I wish him well.
I saw a sunset today that rocked me back into my flip-flops. It was magnificent and the already dipped sun set the night sky ablaze. It was a blaze that golden topped waves and reflected in rose and gold on the wet shoreline. I stood in my braided pigtails, with my mouth open...hands hugging my biceps I just stood and watched. In the New Mexico desert, my friend Tina and I came upon a similar sunset and we stopped the Penske truck and took pictures. I whistled a wolf whistle strong and clear in salute of the greatness. I wanted to do a similar whistle...but I didn't want to distract the other watchers. A sailboat played with the colorful horizon before moving beyond the pier and out of sight. I took pictures with my phone, but there was no way to capture the experience...the feeling...the beauty.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been writing up a storm! I just got caught up on your blog, what an adventure. Best of luck out there - it always takes a while to get used to a new place, so go easy on yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up...